Glasgow, Scotland | +48 576 256 056 | email@example.com
- github.com/m-cat | gitlab.com/m-cat | bytedude.com
Professional software developer with over four years of experience in backend programming, API design and implementation. Provides robust, well-tested and maintainable solutions.
Jul 2017 - Present – Rust Software Developer
- Worked in a team setting on a complex, open source decentralized network to design and develop backend APIs.
- Designed and developed C FFIs for our Rust projects, including a testing system designed to detect memory leaks. [Link]
- Wrote an integrated testing suite for one of our largest projects, including CI-specific tests to ensure binary compatibility of data in the network. [Link]
- Led my team in writing thorough documentation for the same project. [Link]
- Proactively communicated with users, determining user needs and troubleshooting. [Link, Link]
Epic Systems Corporation
Sep 2014 - Sep 2016 – Release Software Developer
- Developed and maintained a dependency-completeness checker for updates, many critical, being deployed to our Electronic Health Record suite in hospitals.
- Took responsibility for the dependency checker and wrote documentation and actionable steps for our developers to understand the check, sometimes guiding them personally.
- Developed a C# application that calculated sets of common dependencies and created pre-built bundles, saving build time and company resources.
- Command line program for building dependency graphs of Rust projects.
- Designed and developed a data format similar to JSON with features such as variables, includes, and type safety.
- Developed fuzz tests to detect invalid inputs and crashes.
- Command line program to check for broken links in files.
- Recursively walks file tree, detecting URLs in files and validating them using curl.
- 2019 – “Managing your life with org-mode and other tools” – EmacsConf [Link]
- 2018 – “Memory Management in Unsafe Rust” – One-hour talk given to my MaidSafe coworkers [Link]
- Rust & ecosystem | C | Python | Java | CSS
- Emacs | git | Markdown | shell | TravisCI
- GitHub | Slack | JIRA
May 2014 – MA in Computer Science